Being alerted to a network breach is a critical part of network security. For this, you need intrusion detection
Intrusion detection is a device or application (we prefer devices) that monitors your network. If there's unusual activity or a network policy is broken, the intrusion detection system records a log and sounds the alarm. Some systems can even try and block the cyber-thief from further access.
PlanetMagpie uses and recommends the Juniper SRX
series of network gateways for intrusion detection. Why?
- Juniper gateways are scalable, able to monitor everything without slowing down network speeds.
- The Juniper interface is easy to configure and maintain over time.
- The Juniper SRX series makes it easy to segment your network into groups - a big help when implementing intrusion detection.
- Juniper routing is robust, able to maintain high network performance and tight security.
- A Juniper SRX 5000 series gateway integrates intrusion detection within its architecture.
- Juniper gateways are more affordable than Cisco.
If you don't have intrusion detection in place yet, now's the time to consider it. Cyber-attacks are only increasing. If you don't have an intrusion detection system in your network, cyber-thieves could be in there right now, and you wouldn't even know it.