With so much information traveling online – through email, cloud services, and file sharing – keeping that information private sits high on the priority list.
Here are our top 5 tips for maintaining your business’ privacy while working online:
- Use a privacy-focused search engine, like duckduckgo.com, so your browsing history isn't tracked.
- Require all users to activate a VPN on their devices when working remotely. We addressed the two main types of VPNs – cloud-based and hardware – in a 2020 article.
- Activate file and email encryption to reduce spam and phishing attacks. Your email server may already offer an encryption feature, but if not, solutions such as modusCloud can add it.
- Enable multi-factor authentication (MFA) on all devices and online services whenever possible.
- Standardize all users on one privacy-friendly Web browser. In order, these would be: Brave, Firefox, Safari, Edge. Chrome is not recommended.
Do you have a cybersecurity question you want answered? Send it in to email@example.com and it may show up in our next "Cyber Fu Tip."