Spam emails sneaking into your Inbox? If you're a PlanetMagpie email hosting client, this is how you report them to us. Just follow the simple procedure outlined below, and we'll adjust our spam filters.
(If you are not a PlanetMagpie email hosting client, report spam to the FTC here
PlanetMagpie Spam Reporting Procedure
- While viewing emails within your Outlook Inbox, select the email(s) that are spam by left clicking on the email that is spam.
- Select multiple emails at once by holding down the CTRL key on your keyboard while you click on each spam email.
- You can also select several emails simultaneously by clicking on the first spam email, holding down the SHIFT key, and then clicking on the last spam email. This allows you to select all the emails listed between those two.
- Right click on one of the emails that you want to report as spam. Left click on Copy (second from the top option).
- Left click on the "New Email" button in the upper left hand corner of Outlook.
- A new, blank email will open up. Right click in the body of the email and select Paste (or press CTRL-V simultaneously) to paste the spam emails as email attachments in the new email.
PLEASE NOTE: This process must be used for reporting emails that are spam.
- In the "To:" field, type in the email address:
- Click the Send button. The emails you've selected are reported to us as spam. These emails will be further analyzed by the tech support department of our spam appliance company. They use feedback like this to develop new filters and updates, helping to prevent these types of emails from being received in the future.
Simply forwarding an email to the ModusMailSpam@planetmagpie.com
email address will not properly report an email as spam. The emails that are being reported as spam must be put within another email as attachments so that these spam emails can be properly analyzed.
Thank you for helping us to combat spam!