File Transfer Protocol (FTP) Client Settings
PlanetMagpie provides all hosted clients with FTP information for easy upload and download of materials. To ensure maximum protection, we use a secure line to our onsite systems. Following are instructions for employing the two most popular applications for FTP usage: WS-FTP™ (PC) Fetch™ (Mac) WS-ftp™
- Once you have connected to a site, you are ready to transfer a file.
- From the Connection dialog, select the folder where you want to create the site profile.
- Click the New Site icon in the Toolbar.
- In the Create a Site Profile box, enter what you want to call the site.
- In the Host Name or IP address box, enter the Internet address for the FTP site you want to connect to.
- Click Next.
- Enter the UserID and Password for that site.
- Click Finish, or click Next to enter optional information about the site. Your new site profile will appear in the folder you selected.
- Click Save to save the information with the site profile.
- Click Connect.
- When you click connect, the Connection dialog box disappears and the WS_FTP Pro Classic Interface attempts to make the connection.
- Enter the host name as ftp.yourdomain.com
- In the user ID and password field, type your user name and password.
For more support information about Fetch FTP, please visit the Fetch Website