Email Settings: Outlook Express
- Open Outlook Express
- Click Tools, from the pull down menu and select accounts
- In the Accounts window, click the Mail tab; and click Add
- Enter your name in the display name field box
- Bullet "I already have an e-mail address that I'd like to use"
- Type your Planetmagpie e-mail address in the e-mail address field box; Click Next
- Select "My incoming mail server is a (select)POP3 server"
- In the incoming mail server field type mail2.planetmagpie.com
- For the SMTP server field type smtp2.planetmagpie.com; Click Next
- In the Account name field type your username
- In the Password field type your password; Click Next
- Click Finish; and restart Outlook Express.
Configure your Outlook Express for SMTP Authentication
- Open Outlook Express
- Click Tools, form the pull down menu and select accounts (or services)
- In the Accounts window, click the Mail tab
- Highlight your PlanetMagpie account and click the Properties button
- In the Properties window, click the Servers tab; Make sure you have the correct server settings:
- Incoming Mail (POP3): mail2.planetmagpie.com
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP): smtp2.planetmagpie.com
- Your username is correct (It is case sensitive)
- Retype your password (It is case sensitive)
- User Outgoing Mail Server: check the box that says "My server requires authentication"
- Click on the Settings button
- Make sure you have the bullet filled in that says, Use same settings as my incoming mail server
- Click OK
- Click Apply and OK
- Close Outlook Express.
Modifying Microsoft Outlook Express for Windows XP
- Open Outlook/Outlook Express
- Select Tools from the top menu, scroll down to Accounts and select Accounts.
- If you do not see Accounts under the tools menu look for Services instead, versions of Outlook that were upgraded from Outlook 97 or 98 will have Services instead.
- If you had to click on Tools, Services, then you will need to highlight Internet e-mail and go to Properties, the rest of the settings should be the same from the point that you are in the properties of your mail account.
- Select the Mail tab and highlight your PlanetMagpie Mail Account and go to Properties. You will now be on the General Tab, here you will find your general mail settings like e-mail address, name, organization, etc. verify this information is correct.
- Select the Server Tab and make changes with the POP3 and SMTP incoming and outgoing mail servers.
Change the outgoing mail (SMTP) to smtp.planetmagpie.com and incoming mail (POP3) to mail.planetmagpie.com. (Keep in mind: If you're using PlanetMagpie Dial-Up, your outgoing mail server will need to be set to dialup.PlanetMagpie-internet.com when connected in order to send e-mail.
There will be a section under the server tab where you will need to change your incoming mail server account name and password. Your new account name and password have been included at the top of this document.
Lastly you need to be sure and check the box under Outgoing mail server that says My server requires authentication. If this box was already checked click on the settings button next to it and be sure there is a check in Use same settings as incoming mail server.
Click on OK until you are back to the Internet Accounts screen then click on close. Close Outlook Express and then reopen it, your e-mail should now be set to work on the new system.
For additional support contact firstname.lastname@example.org