Email Settings: Outlook 2007 for Windows
Getting Started with Outlook 2007
1. Open Outlook 2007
2. "Click" Tools, from the pull down menu and select E-mail Accounts Settings
3. In the Account Settings window, select the E-Mail tab, and click New.
4. "Bullet" Microsoft Exchange Server, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, and click Next
5. Check the manually configure server setting; and click Next
6. "Bullet" Internet E-mail; and click Next
Configure your Outlook 2007 for POP3 and SMTP Authentication
1. Type in your User Information:
2. Type in your Server Information:
- The account type is POP3
- The incoming mail server is mail2.planetmagpie.com
- The outgoing mail server is smtp2.planetmagpie.com
3. Type in your Logon Information:
- The user name is your entire e-mail address
- The password is your e-mail account password
4. Check the Remember Password field
Configure your Outlook 2007 for Windows to retrieve your PlanetMagpie Email
1. Click on More Settings...
2. Under the Outgoing Server tab "check" My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication; click OK
3. Click "Next"
4. Review the account information; and click "Finish"
How to Limit the Number of Days Email Stays on the Server
If you use Outlook 2007 and want to leave a copy of your emails on the email server (for example, if you check your email from multiple locations), follow these instructions.
1. In Outlook 2007, click Tools.
2. From the Tools menu, select Account Settings. The Account Settings box appears. Your email account appears, usually labeled imail.infront.com.
3. Click on your imail.infront.com email account to highlight it, and then click the Change button. The Internet Email Settings appear.
4. Click the button "More Settings...
" in the lower right-hand corner. The Internet Email Settings box appears.
5. Click the Advanced tab.
6. Under Delivery, check the "Leave a copy of messages on the server
NOTE: If you don't want Outlook to leave a copy of emails on the server, uncheck this box!
7. Check the "Remove from server after X days" box. This will free up space for more email later
. The default is 10 days. We recommend keeping this value.
NOTE: If you want to save an email, save it in an Outlook folder. The Exchange Server WILL delete all emails left over!
8. Check the "Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items'" box. This will remove email messages you delete.
9. Click OK.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Finish.
For additional support contact firstname.lastname@example.org