Job Description: .NET / SharePoint Developer
PlanetMagpie seeks a .NET / SharePoint Developer contractor to design, develop, and implement high-quality dynamic websites and internal/external web applications for PlanetMagpie and its clients. Candidate must live in the Bay Area.
Ongoing as needed from 20-80 hours per month; opportunity for full-time employment.
7+ years’ work experience with the following languages and tools:
- .NET based language (C#, VB.Net)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010 and MOSS 2007
- SQL Server 2008/2012 and SQL Reporting Services
- Experience using Visual Studio or related IDE
- Experience with a variety of Content Management Systems; experience with Telerik’s Sitefinity CMS a plus
- Team Foundation Server, a plus
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
- Understand browser-specific compatibility issues
- Expertise in the design, implementation, and deployment of user-centric software, with focus on usability.
- Experience creating 3rd party authentication for external partner portals.
- Design and code superior technical solutions.
- Create well designed, reusable objects.
- Create efficient and logical databases for clients.
- Create and execute project work plans, revising as necessary to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Communicate and enforce best practice coding standards.
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to clients on schedule.
- Communicate complex information effectively to team and clients.
- Ability to scale the solution to the client’s goals and budget.
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Excellent command of English language
- Advanced oral and written communication skills; strong proofreading skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Positive, productive team player
- Desire to learn new skills and improve
- Bachelors or Associate degree in IT discipline. 7+ years in .NET development desired. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Microsoft development certifications, a plus.
PlanetMagpie provides a full range of technical services including IT consulting, network support, web/application development, and web hosting services for small, mid-market, and enterprise businesses in the Bay Area and across the United States. PlanetMagpie credits its success to providing small and mid-market companies with enterprise-grade solutions and tools. PlanetMagpie is a Microsoft Partner with over ten competency certifications, which is rare for a company of our size.
We are not a body shop. Our developers and engineers grow professionally and personally in a fast-paced, challenging environment, while working with the very latest technologies. Because we’re a small company, each one of our professionals makes a big impact on our success and is a key member of the team.
Our staff is provided with the latest office collaboration tools including Microsoft Lync 2010 (Unified Communications) and SharePoint. These solutions help us work efficiently and seamlessly with each other, whether we are at the office, at a client site, or mobile.
The company was named after the owner’s black Labrador "Magpie." A reflection of Magpie's own personality, PlanetMagpie is a place where loyalty, collegiality, hard work, and thinking outside the box are all highly valued. Customer-centric and company-centric employees excel and are rewarded at PlanetMagpie.
PlanetMagpie moved into its permanent headquarters in the Fremont Tech Center in October 2010 and enjoys a modern, light and airy workspace with ample parking right off Highway 880 (at Warren Avenue).
PlanetMagpie offers its employees a competitive salary/benefits package, and the opportunity to learn and advance with a growing company. Benefits include 401K, medical, dental, and vision insurance, discretionary bonuses, and paid technical certifications and training. To find out more about PlanetMagpie, check out our website at http://www.planetmagpie.com
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
referencing ".NET/SharePoint Developer".
PlanetMagpie is an equal opportunity employer.