Windows Mobile 6 Devices: Full Telecom Value In Your Pocket
Go beyond just talking on the phone, to managing email and working on documents. All on a single device, powered by Windows Mobile.
All Windows Mobile devices come with:
- Microsoft Office Mobile
- Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile
- Internet Explorer Mobile
- Live Search for Windows Mobile
- Windows Media Player Mobile
- Office Communicator for Windows Mobile
What's that last one? Office Communicator plugs Windows Mobile phones into the brand-new messaging system of Office Communications Server 2007. See the OCS page here
for a full description of its capabilities – instant messaging, VoIP, real-time co-worker status, etc.
How to Use Windows Mobile in a Business Environment
- Use Office Communicator to message co-workers and update your own status
- Receive your Exchange-based email when on the go (see our PDA Support page)
- Update your calendar and task list
- Edit documents sent to you without getting to a computer
- Get directions and traffic reports on your phone, so you aren’t jammed up on the way to a client
Advantages of Windows Mobile Over Other Devices Over Blackberry:
Blackberries focus on email. Windows Mobile lets you bring the entire office with you. Blackberry requires an additional hardware and software investment to integrate with Microsoft Exchange Server messaging. Over iPhone:
iPhones are designed primarily for consumer use. Also, the iPhone doesn’t support Exchange Direct Push yet (see our PDA Support page
). Windows Mobile devices are designed for business use.
Windows Mobile 6 is a miniature office tucked in your pocket. Use it to your full advantage with purchase advice and support from PlanetMagpie.
Call PlanetMagpie at 408-341-8770 to find out what we recommend for your company.