San Francisco Bay Area SQL Server 2012 Consulting and Database Management 2012 Improves Data Performance, Business Intelligence Tools and Failover. Migration and Support from PlanetMagpie IT Consulting.
SQL Server 2012 was released April 2012. Are you planning to upgrade?
If not, you're missing out on performance improvements and several new tools. We've highlighted its advantages below.
Fortunately, you've already discovered the best IT Consulting firm for SQL database implementation and support in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What is SQL Server 2012?
SQL Server 2012 is a performance upgrade to Microsoft's award-winning database system. The new version contains several speed & data query improvements over SQL Server 2008 R2.
We've tested SQL 2012 in our datacenter. And already deployed new database servers for clients. We agree with what you'll see in the highlights – SQL Server 2012 focuses on, and achieves, major performance enhancements.
PlanetMagpie's IT Consulting team has deployed & maintained SQL database servers since SQL 5.5 in the 1990s. We hold over 10 Gold and Silver Microsoft Solution Competencies—including Solution Provider and Server Platform
Our engineers have the skills & experience to build the new SQL Server 2012 database into your server infrastructure.
Highlights of the SQL 2012 Database System
Just saying "Performance Improvements" doesn't detail the many changes that went into SQL Server 2012.
Over a dozen such improvements were made to SQL Server for the 2012 version. We've listed 6 here, so you'll know what to expect from an upgrade.
- AlwaysOn – Lets you set multiple databases to failover in groups, instead of individually. Also, secondary copies are readable & usable for backups.
- Three Editions Available –
- Standard: Standard database system, with reporting & analytics
- Enterprise: High-availability applications, with data warehousing
- Business Intelligence: New Edition. Higher security than Standard, equipped with new BI tools
- Contained Databases – Reduces the number of dependencies a database has on SQL Server (may even eliminate them for some DBs). Easier to migrate databases to a new instance.
- xVelocity – In-memory technologies that boost data warehouse and analytics performance by up to 100x.
- Business Intelligence (BI) Semantic Model – Single, scalable model for BI applications. Reporting, analysis, dashboards and scorecards.
- SQL Server Data Tools – New tool that unifies SQL Server and cloud development, for DBAs and application developers.
SQL Server's new design allows for better availability. Easier data recovery if a crash occurs. And higher security.
Ready for your upgrade?
PlanetMagpie Database Services: Migrate from SQL Server 2005/2008 to 2012
Consult PlanetMagpie for on-site consulting work in the San Francisco Bay Area. (Remote consulting is available for businesses throughout California and the US.) Our database services include:
- Migration of databases running in SQL Server 2005 or 2008 to the new SQL Server 2012.
- Installation of new database servers (a private cloud option is available).
- SQL Query Development & Assistance.
[Note: There is one caveat to upgrading. Lync Server 2010
does not work on SQL 2012 yet. If you use Lync Server (or plan to), talk to us about alternative solutions.]
Upgrade to SQL Server 2012 with PlanetMagpie for a Smooth Performance Increase
We recommend you upgrade as soon as possible. SQL 2012's design resolves many common database issues. And your employees will enjoy the speed boost on the network.
Contact us at 408-341-8770 and ask for the IT Consulting team.
Or email us at ITconsulting@planetmagpie.com