Lync Server 2013: One system, all communication options, lower cost than a PBX
Phones, Video Conferencing, Instant Messaging, App Sharing, Chat Rooms – All in One
Lync Server 2013 is a complete communications solution that's easy to use. It replaces the office PBX, and adds more capabilities to the office phone. Plus it costs much less than a PBX, or multiple contracts for phones/conferencing/video.
Using Lync Server gives you multiple communication systems in one: Instant Messaging, Presence status awareness, Audio/Video/Web Conferencing, discussion-based chat, and Enterprise Voice for phone calls.
Lync Capabilities List
- Enterprise Voice – Call anyone you want, no plan required
- Communicate from the Lync 2013 client, any Office 2010/2013 application, or SharePoint
- Instant Messaging (IM)
- Presence Status Awareness
- E-911 (Enhanced 911) Service Included
- Web Conferencing, with audio and video built-in
- Archiving Server – Collects & stores IM conversations and conference logs
- Persistent Chat – A "chat room" area for multi-person conversations
- Lync 2013 works through smartphones & tablets too
- Allows document sharing and application sharing in conferences
- Records and sends voicemails to Exchange Server 2010/2013 mailboxes
- Federation (interoperability) with the Skype Network
Advantages to Using Lync Server 2013 for Office Communications
- Replace Your PBX with a Lync VoIP Phone System, saving thousands in hardware costs and increasing your communications feature set tenfold.
- Virtual "Face-to-Face" Meetings – Video, app sharing and IM create a meeting environment without the meeting room (or a third-party service bill).
- Run Lync on-site, OR in a PlanetMagpie Private Cloud for a smaller footprint & reduced operating cost.
- Each Lync user has a "Contact Card" that makes it easy for others to find & talk with them.
- Communicate from Anywhere – Lync clients exist for all major smartphones and tablets; your caller ID will show your work phone number.
- Transfer calls from your PC to your cellphone. Or transfer to someone else.
- Migrate from an existing PBX to Lync Server – Lync's Enterprise Voice and Mediation server roles duplicate PBX functions.
- Lync will connect to an existing PBX if you want to keep yours, or you want to stagger out the migration.
New Features Available in Lync Server 2013
- Fewer servers needed to run Lync, over 2010: Monitoring and Archiving are add-ons to the Front End now. Directors are optional.
- Mobile service: Lync 2013 allows you to make and receive calls (with video) from your phone or tablet, using either a mobile data connection or Wi-Fi; see co-worker “presence” on your phone and IM them.
- Full Audio/Video capabilities within Lync Web App.
- Skype Federation is included – Talk to your Skype friends!
- More content is archived automatically in 2013: Whiteboards and polls are now included in Archiving Server's default archiving processes.
- Voice Redundancy Options: Multiple trunks supported between Mediation Servers and gateways, for faster/clearer voice calls.
Reasons to Choose PlanetMagpie for Your Lync Server IT Partner We're the experts.
PlanetMagpie was the first in the San Francisco Bay Area to install a fully-hosted VoIP solution using OCS 2007 R2, Lync's previous version. We have been installing and supporting Lync Server technology since 2007, and have used it as our own office communication system since the beginning—we know it because we use it daily.
As a Microsoft Gold-Level Partner with Lync-certified engineers on staff, we have access to Microsoft support resources only available to the top 1% of partners. Our president even helped write the Lync Server 2013 certification exam for engineers! Our Lync Insider blog (which we started in 2009 as The OCS Insider.com) boasts 15,000 visitors a month
and includes tech tips for engineers who are interested in implementing Lync.
Switch to Lync Server 2013 with the Help of Lync Pros
Want to learn more about Lync? Visit our blog, The Lync Insider Blog
for new posts every week.
Download our Lync Server 2013 Datasheet
for a handy reference on Lync's capabilities.
If you're interested in a demonstration or want to discuss implementing Lync in your office, call PlanetMagpie at 408-341-8770
and ask about Lync Server 2013.