Managed Services from PlanetMagpie | Running Servers for Clients Since 1998
Save on Staffing, IT Costs and Time by Outsourcing Your Server Management
PlanetMagpie's Managed Services provide more efficient business operations and predictable IT costs
. We experts take over daily management of your servers and business-critical applications, and save you time and money.
What are Managed Services?
Managed Services take two forms in IT:
- Server Maintenance/Upkeep/Security
Taking over the day-to-day management of the server hardware and its operating system. Includes monitoring, security patches, upgrades and security maintenance.
- Application Service Provider/Monitoring
Managing server-level applications such as SQL Server, Exchange Server 2010, ERP, CRM, Engineering systems, etc. Includes monitoring the applications, security, applying patches and handling requisite storage.
Both of these can be done for servers on-site at your business, servers (or applications) running in our datacenter, or servers in a third-party datacenter.
We don't just maintain the servers though. It's the Managed Service Provider (MSP)'s responsibility to:
- Maintain security for the server and its data.
- Determine when the client needs to upgrade, and what upgrades will best benefit the organization.
- Work with the client to manage storage capacities before critical thresholds are met.
- Recommend what to do to accommodate growth of the business.
Business Advantages of Using Managed Services
Moving to Managed Services is about more than avoiding slowdowns or disruptions of the company network. The biggest advantage is greater cost efficiency
. Using your time for the business, instead of IT. How much faster could you get things done with advantages like these?
- Reduced In-House Staffing Needs – No IT staff needed for server administration
- Lower TCO – By up to 30%, according to industry averages
- Security – Patches and regular checks taken care of for you
- Backups – Regular checks to confirm that your backups are viable
Learn More about Using Managed Services to Support Your Business
PlanetMagpie has 12 Years of Experience
as an MSP. We've been managing datacenters, our own and clients', since 1998.
Want to discuss using Managed Services for your next server/application? Call us at 408-341-8770 and ask for more about Managed Services. Or email us at email@example.com