Network Implementation: Installing, Upgrading and Securing Your Company's Backbone
Chances are, you have a network in place. It's the backbone of your company. You use the network to run your business, and hopefully it makes you more efficient and competitive.
It's also likely that when that network needs expanding, managing, or a whole new design, you don't want to devote internal resources to a big implementation. Especially when you can take advantage of up-to-date network skills –by hiring an expert.
What makes PlanetMagpie the best choice for upgrades, optimization and support solutions? The amount and depth of our expertise. We've been building, configuring, and supporting networks in California since 1998.
Considerations When Building or Redesigning a Network
When it's time to expand your current network, or architect an entirely new one, there are many considerations you must take into account.
Have a look at this list. Are all of these considerations in your plan?
- Bandwidth for all workstations
- Vendor & Partner access
- High-Speed Internet Access
- Wireless Access Points
- Routing for High-Availability Servers
- Internal/External Communications (VoIP, VPN)
- Security in place to protect IP and network access
- Scalability for future expansion
- Private Cloud vs. Public Cloud?
- Backup Solutions
They're in ours. For every client's implementation project.
Elements Involved In the PlanetMagpie Network Implementation Process
Depending on your technical needs, you may not need all of the following elements in your network. They're all available from PlanetMagpie's custom network solutions though.
So we'll list out the elements you COULD have in your network here:
- Architecting the Physical Network
- Routing (Juniper)
- Switching (Extreme Networks)
- Cabling (Yes, we even do network wiring! How many other IT Consulting firms can say that?)
- Logical Network Infrastructure
- Current Server Roles (See our Microsoft Solutions section for a list of servers we can implement, e.g. SharePoint, Exchange Server, Lync Server, etc.)
- Security Concerns
- Matching the Network Configuration to your Business Goals
- Active Directory Configuration/Support
- Bandwidth Needs Planning
- Scalability Planning
- Identify Necessary Hardware Purchases/Upgrades
- Cost reductions from Private Cloud deployments
- Disaster Recovery Planning
Manage Your Network Once Deployed? We Do That Too
Once the network's implemented, the need for full-time attention to it drops. But doesn't disappear. You'll still need support for snags, new users, security updates, etc.
Fortunately, our Network Support team
has the solution. We recommend monthly support contracts
as a low-cost way to maintain your business.
Keep Your Enterprise Moving Forward with PlanetMagpie
To see how our network implementation services will benefit your company, contact us at ITConsulting@PlanetMagpie.com
or 408-341-8770. Or use the "Request a Quote" button in the right toolbar.