Job Description: Senior Network Engineer
PlanetMagpie's Network Engineers perform IT network implementations, upgrades, troubleshooting, maintenance, and support for small and mid-market businesses in the Bay Area and the U.S. Our consulting projects employ the latest Microsoft and network security technologies to provide our clients with the most reliable, business-grade solutions on the market. This is an onsite position, working either at PlanetMagpie’s offices in Fremont or at Bay Area client sites. This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated IT professional looking for high-level mentorship and career growth.
PlanetMagpie's Senior Network Engineer
position is responsible for the analysis, design, implementation, and troubleshooting of a variety of network projects at client sites. Typical projects for this consultant will include Microsoft Windows 2008 R2/2012, Microsoft System Center 2012, Data Protection Manager 2012, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013, and Lync Server 2010/2013.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect customer business and technical requirements; scale the solution to the customer’s needs
- Evaluate and design network architecture plans; lead project planning, develop project plan
- Recommend and be responsible for implementing network technologies including directory, messaging, database, systems management, security, and infrastructure
- Maintain networks including server updates, setting up/disabling accounts, building servers, repairing servers
- Configure and migrate clients to private cloud solutions in PlanetMagpie's datacenter
- Occasional desktop support
- Assist sales team in identifying and closing project opportunities
- Local travel required; must have reliable transportation and a good driving record
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or a related field), or relevant associates degree / work experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer Certification (MCSE) in Windows 2008 or the experience necessary to achieve certification if time is allotted
- 10-15 years of technical experience with increasing responsibility
- MS System Center 2012, Active Directory, MS Exchange Server, MCSE, MOM, AD, SMS, Project Management, Exchange Server 2010/2013, Forefront, SQL Server, ISA, Cluster, DPM, Lync Server 2013, Unified Access Gateway
- Ability to assess a broad range of technologies including LAN/WAN, VPN, Directories, Messaging, IDP, and Overall Network and Systems Management
- Microsoft Exchange implementation and migration experience required
- Network hardware and firewall experience required
- Desktop support for macs and PCs
- Security capabilities and certifications a plus
- Cross platform skills preferred
- Excellent organizational and project management skills required
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Medium work—Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
PlanetMagpie provides a full range of technical services including IT consulting, network support, web/application development, and cloud hosting services for small and mid-market businesses in the Bay Area and across the United States. PlanetMagpie credits its success on being able to provide small and mid-market companies with enterprise-grade IT solutions that increase efficiency and provide a solid, secure infrastructure for growth. PlanetMagpie is a Microsoft Gold Partner with over ten solution competency certifications.
PlanetMagpie offers its employees a competitive salary/benefits package, and the opportunity to learn and advance with a growing company. Benefits include 401K, medical, dental, and vision insurance, discretionary bonuses, and paid technical certifications and training. To find out more about PlanetMagpie, check out our website at http://www.planetmagpie.com
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
referencing "Senior Network Engineer".
PlanetMagpie is an equal opportunity employer.